View Single Post
Old 07 January 2002, 04:39   #8
Shadowfire

that's good that you think i have "inconsistencies" in my posts, i guess all that time i spent programming the amiga back in 89-92 must have not told me anything at all about how the machine works, or it's deficiencies (such as the pitiful audio.device which most programmers routinely chucked and used their own routines, or the graphics.library blitter routines which most programmers routinely chucked and used their own routines,spriite control routines which most programmers routinely chucked and used their own routines, or the *really* sad state of 3rd party graphics device support). the high points were pretty few and far between; IFF allowed you to create sampled sounds/instruments & graphics (so you at least didn't have to do that yourself) with other programs, the 68000 assemblers were pretty good... hmm, i can't really think about any other real "high" points... (HAM was not even a contender for most games because of artifacting when used in conjunction with blitter objects).

shadowfire (who amond other things spent 9 months working with the DMI Resolver TMS34010 based graphics card, which was a totally cool card (think "Mortal Kombat 2" quality graphics & animation when running native 34010 code) but gave up when Commodore filed chapter 11)

boy i might even have some source code disks with that work laying around somewhere although I know I threw that graphics card out a year ago.

Page generated in 0.07289 seconds with 9 queries