Thread: My two cents
View Single Post
Old 31 December 2001, 04:55   #1
My two cents

I read that Twistin' Ghost was not upgrading to Windows XP because of the way that Macrohard designed it. Personally, I don't blame him. I tried XP myself and thought it was very childish. Pretty colors everywhere you look. It's basically a joke. It's just one way that Macrohard attempts to dominate the software market. The fact that you have 30 days to log onto their web site just to register it is absolutely ridiculous. How many of you are pissed of at Macrohard?

I like Windows 98's interface a lot. It's easy to use and does what it is told. It treats me with respect.

Getting to WinUAE now. CodePoet has released 0.8.17/R3, but I'm still using 0.8.8/R8. When the revisions start at 0.8.14, Brian took away "WaveOut Looping" and stuck with "DirectSound Looping". That ruined the whole emulator. When I ran 0.8.14, I have nothing more than choppy sound. Even with 0.8.17/R3, fiddling with the lag compensation does nothing. Why couldn't CodePoet leave the sound alone? I just like to know if any of you have the same problem?

I don't know about you, but I rather stick with 0.8.8/R3. I already complained about this twice. Some suggested that I should upgrade my operating system to Win2K or WinXP (maybe even Win98SE, which I plan to do in the near future). If that doesn't work, tough.

Just my two cents.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 1.11747 seconds with 9 queries