This is my original custom workbench. it works on a 3.0 (the real original, that i used on my A500, rom 1.3 i've lost). i made this baby in 1993 i think.
It's built around the program XCopy, that i used a lot back then; i've redrawn the pointer to look like the Bullfrog' logo, the disk icon and the font, with the programs that came with workbench 1.3, the icon to look mean, the font to look like the one in The Day of the Tentacle, but this i tend to use just for screenshot not for daily routine. you can see it in the last couple of pics.
the main window has only the Shell icon, the rest is up there in the menu, using mymenu. i squeezed in a 880kb single disk everything i used: diropus, xcopy, bootX, even the database program miamiga disk, an hex editor, a disk salvager, degrader, a text viewer and a text editor and more.
most of the program used the reqtools library and the asl library, so those were there. i compressed most of it all with powerpacker, and tweaked the appearance of the most used program to match my favored color scheme. i tend to like green in my desktops...