View Single Post
Old 23 December 2001, 17:58   #72
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
I'm not voting !!! Too many to choose from (including loads not on the list).
I thought I'd added more, but maybe I'm thinking of a different poll?
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
1 - The Best Releases (in terms of good games)
When these groups got new games, I don't think they would reject a new release just because it was not to their liking. That's personal taste, anyhow.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
6 - Best Crack (?) Don't understand that - a crack works or it don't!
True, but there are other variables. For example, one crack may have converted non-DOS to DOS, or fixed bugs in the original, or added PAL/NTSC switch, or made more compatible with higher-up Amigas, or the removal (or not) of intros, etc.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
Bad because if there had been no cracks they'd have been no copying - maybe the Amiga would be a round today if they'd have been no piracy ?
This has been discussed at great length here in the past. It is universally agreed that the reason the Amiga went away was bad business practice/decisions from CBM, and not piracy. Mind you, some companies jumped ship claiming that as the reason why, but it could also be said that they were really looking for a larger market (ie, PC, consoles, etc.) And the size of the Amiga market certainly had nothing to do with piracy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim
Good because as the Amiga is no longer produced, you cannot get the games, the disks are wearing out etc... - but as they've cracked all these games we can ADF 'em !
On the other hand, even without cracked versions, the WHD install teams have been providing us with useable, improved hard-drive versions of the games from originals, plus CAPS have a working model for duplicating originals, as well.

Last edited by Twistin'Ghost; 23 December 2001 at 18:23.

Page generated in 0.07812 seconds with 9 queries