View Single Post
Old 09 January 2007, 23:42   #32
shd

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Did I get you wrong?

You gave me the impression that I will get a win32 executable by accessing CVS. But apparently I won't...
Did I? Obviously we will distribute binaries on the web page, if we get binaries from someone, but development happens in the version control system (CVS).

You didn't answer my question about distributing those binaries by your name. If we are going to distribute binaries on my web page, the builder should be a known person. A chain of trust is needed.

Quote:
So don't you have any Windows machine at all?
If so, I'd understand.
No. And even if I had the money to spend, I wouldn't pay Microsoft, so I won't use it.

Quote:
About .configure:

Again, I'm on NATIVE Windows, that is, I'm working without Cygwin!
Nor am I working with MingW. So there is no ".configure"!
I gave you a link above so you get a clue what DJGPP is (resembling classic Borland Turbo C/C++ product line), and I used a project file, adding the required files to the project, just as I would do it in MSVC.
Open source development needs build automation so it would possibly be nice to have some project file for DJGPP envnronment and distribute that with the source. Would you send me the project file?

Quote:
Well, please read carefully.
I do not care about the size of the linux version. It's about the size of the win32 version. Forget about your linux world for one second. Please. At least try it. There is NOT only linux.
Well, please read carefully. I do not care about the size of the windows version. It's about the size of the linux version. Forget about your windows world for one second. Please. At least try it. There is NOT only Windows.

Quote:
People would convert their DMS images from older CDs mainly on Windows, less probably Linux
Agreed.

Page generated in 0.05141 seconds with 9 queries