View Single Post
Old 24 December 2006, 09:26   #51
Super Hang-On King
Originally Posted by Titler
God, I fucking HATE this attitude: The whole purpose of an arcade machine was to present the public with a game they'd want to pump coins into, and to do so as efficiently on the available hardware of the time as possible: How does it make you a "lamer" to point out that if you need a bloated 4gb of anything to replicate the original arcade machine, and even then only at the curcuitry level (often breaking the visual or audible output to get that result), then you've seriously failed to capture the original machine with any accuracy at all? It would be like me saying "Well, human beings are nothing more than their biology, and so if I use beachballs for each atom, and glue them together until I've got a torso in exactly the same physical proportions down to the atomic level, even if it's the size of the solar system, I've accurately emulated a man." And if that's what you want to do with your life, then go for it. But don't you dare claim your view is more accurate to the nature of the thing, whilst insulting others because they don't agree with you. Because it's not true accuracy at all.
I'm made from beachballs .....

..... DAD?

Page generated in 0.05256 seconds with 9 queries