View Single Post
Old 07 December 2006, 14:22   #34
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Interceptor
I think i have only ever seen you post 4 times, so imma guessing you must of been moved to post here

For most of what you state, I whole heartedly agree, the only point i dissagree with is the handle you have on the argument with OS4 fanboys. I just feel its a little one sided if i may...

I could be wrong and I am happy to be corrected but from what i have read from matts posts (wich is all of them) allthough he states OS4 on the PS3 I have read it as any workable amiga OS like OS5 /6/7 or whatever not any one OS specific...

personally I doubt we will see OS4 launch in out lifetime. It would be nice if hyperon managed to find a deal with A-inc that would allow them both to profit from Amithalon!! (x86 workbench its very nice has/had a lot of potential!!!)

the irony is i can see both sides to P-J's and Matts argument and i agree with both of them. the frustration is evident in both posts, neither wanthing to give any ground to a view point, buit that is the blessed perview of Forums

If you could give me a DVD, and on that DVD is an easy to use, intuitive OS that can trasparently emulate AND run native applications in HighDef then i think whom ever could produce that cheaply and effectively could easly make money in the console market!!!!

think about those parents right now..... do i buy my kids a PS3 for £550 and watch thier brains vegetate or do i buy them a PC from DELL for under £400 and let them have some creativity (comes with 19"tft and printer btw)

from that viewpoint as much as consoles will see this crimbo, I think they would of sold a hell of a lot more had they the opportunity to sell an OS bundle with keyboard / mice for £40 (its cheaper than their games!!!!)

I supose that the moment they do, they would lose a lot of software licensing money as it will run on 3rd party OS.... hmmmm issues of contention...

imagine if you will

PS3: DEAD or Alive X - £49.95

DEAD or Alive X: PS3-3POS(3rd party OS) for £35.99

both the same game essentiall, run exactly the hardware, just one has an installer or system handover routine...

it could well be a back door to avoid extortinate license fees...

we know for a fact that prices dominate, so something like that brings prices down could well improve the profitability of that given console's distrubution...
hmmm hmmm hmmm hmm

Heres a question, two consoles from rival companies are evenly matched for specifaction and games availability..

console 1. sells its games for £55 but costs arround £300
console 2. sells its games for £35 but costs arround £500

which would you choose.

you have bought 12 games for each console over the course of the year (1 a month)

console 1 : games cost £660
console 2 : games cost £420

total cost of console 1 in the first year is £960
total cost of console 2 in the first year is £920

not much a difference there is it?

but the next year, take out the cost of the console and £240 is over 50% more money for the same thing than on console 2.

Last edited by Zetr0; 07 December 2006 at 14:33.

Page generated in 0.04007 seconds with 10 queries