View Single Post
Old 06 December 2006, 11:23   #21

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Originally Posted by P-J
It's the old argument buddy. People think the AmigaOS will come back to life because it's been licensed to a device with specific hardware (like the old Amiga) and x86 is no good for this.

Why not specify an exact x86 hardware set for the AmigaOS much like the BeBox(?) was? Just more stupid decisions. Making it on PPC was mistake number one. It's as if Amiga doesn't want to survive.

If someone can give me one single unique selling point of AmigaOS, I'll bow down and admit I'm totally wrong.

Stability is not one. I can get that on at least three other operating systems.
Simply liking amigaos should be a selling point its ease of use, easy maintainablity and responsivness are nice features too. not too difficult to learn about th way the os works just by looking into its file structure which is far simpler then any windows/linux. Macos isnt so bad as like aos it uses a moduler file structure so you know what goes where but still a shitload of iles for basic things where as as doew the same job in one or two.

I realise cost would effect it also and its likely only those that know what amigaos is is likely to get it, but if sony was able to help market it, it may see some more outside interest. i imagine any alternate os for ps3 would have same needs to let people know an os exists for ps3.

I also like to see it ported to #86/i64 which gives it a much wider scope. I guess at the time when commodore chose a processor, ppc looked to be going somewhere. pcs at the time 486/pentium1 win95? were hardly fun to use, slowand suffered massive stability issues so may not have looked attractive at the time.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05452 seconds with 9 queries