View Single Post
Old 21 November 2006, 11:00   #1
Lesser Talent
Website solution - suggestions?

as some of you may notice I've finally gotten some time to spend on my site and I really want to get something worthwhile up for a christmas release, but alas time is running out.

The forum is currently using phpbb, which after using for a little doesn't really offer what I want for my site. (Plus it has some stupid 'features' which make general admin a PITA).

I've been looking very briefly at alternatives but as I haven't had a great deal of time (apart from when I'm at work but I can't download/test anything) I've only skimmed the surface of some of them (xoops, drupal, joomba/mambo).

What I really want is a site with somewhere for users to post (not necessarilty a fully blown forum). I'd ideally like users to have to register, and in turn allow for different 'user-levels'. Mainly to keep an eye on who's downloading what, and to stop people leeching the hell out of the site.

With a forum system, granted I can allow different user levels but I have no real way of setting up different download rights for each user level.

If anyone has ANYTHING to offer (or wants to setup and manage the site themselves ) please post!
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.06449 seconds with 9 queries