View Single Post
Old 11 November 2006, 11:16   #163
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson
Geez louise... all pyro wants to do is buy amiga inc and finally sell OS4 for now. There are people out there that would buy it and are happy to mess with it. If hardware licencenses were easier to obtain the hardware could be built by third parties, whether it be the outdated PPC technology (AmigaOne, Pegasos etc..) or classic PPC accelerated amigas or something new (Samantha etc..). Release it and the hardware will be built. At the moment the situation is in a stalemate due to current amiga inc management and their grandmothers. They won't release OS4 because there is no hardware and no one will build hardware because OS4 is not released.

It is a niche hobbyist market for now but still a viable market, but that doesnt mean it has to stay that way. New products could be built whether for classic systems or re-implentations of classic hardware or next gen ideas for industry embedded systems etc..

Whatever way you look at it I think new management would be better than the current management and their grandmothers.
We can at least agree on your final point above. The current crop are so full of piss and wind that it beggars belief. Even more pathetic are those desperate fools hanging on their coat tails, who actually believe that slick Willy is the messiah.

"Release it and the hardware will be built" - by who? Who, other than a mad hobbyist (not that I'm opposed to them - one built the USB card I have in my A4000) would do that?

You could spend your time and money building hardware for an ultra-niche OS4 machine, or you could spend it building something for Win/ Mac that would actually sell and make you some cash. With a family to feed, what would you do?

New hardware is pointless without developer support - both hard and soft. Expecting to see the next edition of "Full Spectrum Warrior", or "Civilisation 5" for OS4?

May as well pull out your telescope and hope to see Vipers launching from the Battlestar USS Armstrong.

Bill #2 is dead keen to tell everyone about his upcoming movie (all this talk of an Amiga buy-out couldn't possibly be a viral marketing campaign targetted at a niche audience of fanatics, could it....?), but real short on detail with his "plans" for the Amiga.

If the owners are willing to sell.

If he can raise the funds necessary.

In a year or so, when the corpse is another year colder.

Gimme a break guys. You're dead keen to shoot the messenger, but take a good hard look at your own reactions to Bill #2's hollow pronouncements.
Page generated in 0.06043 seconds with 9 queries