Thread: Petition
View Single Post
Old 12 December 2001, 03:39   #1
Give up the ghost

There is a new petition to get Amiga Inc. to release some revisions of Kickstart and Workbench for free. It seems like a reasonable cause, so here's the URL. This was passed on to me by a friend, so I am introducing this here...if you have any friends outside of the EAB circle who you think could generate more signatures, please do the same and pass it on to them, as well.

To: Amiga Inc

It has been 16 years since the Amiga was released. It has gone through many changes, from its humble beginnings as the A1000, to the machines of today. The number of users fluctuates all the time, but the spirit lives on. Whether you are a current Amiga user or a user from the past, you know the feeling of using a superior machine.

It is now the end of 2001. Many users are re-experiencing the greatness thanks to emulators such as UAE and Fellow, as well as those of us who are privileged enough to own the real thing. But there has always been a missing piece in the puzzle, the Kickstart ROMs and Workbench disks. It is my belief, as well as that of many others, that those kickstarts and workbench disks that are not being sold anymore should be released free to the public. These include :

1.x Both Kickstart ROM images and Workbench disks
2.x Both Kickstart ROM images and Workbench disks
3.0 Kickstart ROM image and Workbench 3.0 disks

Since the Kickstart 3.1 ROM is still being sold and is the basis of Workbench 3.5 and 3.9, this should remain on sale.

It is for this reason this petition has been created. Many sites provide these images illegally. These items should be made available free to Amigans worldwide.

AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05317 seconds with 9 queries