View Single Post
Old 22 October 2006, 23:04   #14
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindfold
If you are willing to make a remake, you always can use a original data files. I have ripped some time ago a gfx from the PC version, it was 1:1 as the Amiga ver. (I think those WERE the Amiga data files). As far I remember those were simply RNC'ed bitplanes just to use with GfxRip. There is one extra bitplane (5'th), but don't use it - I think it's a collision mask, the rest 4 bitplanes put together will get you a nice 320x200 data picture (one for player, one for tiles and one for enemies) just like up here. You can even use the original palette, since it works fine.

[EDIT] PS. I know that PC ver has slightly different maps, or there are some differences between US end European version on Amiga too. (I think, I don't remember clearly now)
Yes, there are differences:

PC version has got the same levels of world 1 as the Amiga NTSC (american version, Konami).

PC and NTSC Amiga are exactly the same version including manual protection.

The worlds 2, 3 and 4 are identical in all versions. The only difference is in world 1.

Level 1 is the same as the demo level (very easy) in PC/NTSC version
In PAL Amiga version Level 1 is the Level 3 of PC/NTSC version

Level 2, 4 and 5 are identical

Level 3 in PAL version has no equivalent in PC/NTSC version

Funny thing: normally you can warp to next world only from first level of each world, but with PC/NTSC version, since level 3 is the same as PAL level 1, you can warp to world 2 from level 1 AND level 3.

The PAL Amiga version is the only one to be disk protected.
The PC/NTSC version is protected by a password system, but is better for levels since you can enter a password to skip to any level, it also has slightly different controls: to make a mega-jump on a tornado/cloud you don't have to pull joystick down anymore (which is really annoying, specially in level 2 where you need the mask to avoid doing that mega-jump on a cloud, thus giving you access to some secret area)

I think they wanted to make first levels & controls easier in NTSC/PC version, hence the easy level 1 and level codes (which is more realistic IMHO)

bye

Last edited by jotd; 23 October 2006 at 07:27.

Page generated in 0.06556 seconds with 11 queries