View Single Post
Old 19 October 2006, 21:14   #32
Going nowhere

Not interested in any new 'Amigas' because, well they wouldn't be an Amiga, only a brand name now that as no relevance.

I use A500 and A1200 because I want to not because I have to. I have a moderately ok PC, and am not interested in constantly updating it.

I have a Playstation 2 that I play on, I wait until the games are dirt cheap before I buy them, I'm not interested in my gaming being an expensive experience!!

I don't like PC's period, and the problems I have with this one, well, the whole time I was on online on my Amiga, I never had the problems I do now with this PC.

The whole electronic gaming scene has changed in such a way that an Amiga computer could never succeed today relying on legacy hardware. The Amigas of the 80's and 90's were good for a long time because nothing came close to beating them for a long time. But that legacy hardware was the begining of the end for the Amiga.

Put it this way, Apple struggle to have any market share against PC's. Microsoft grudgingly do some software for Apple. For the Amiga to be accepted today, it would have to run Microsoft products, thats just a business fact.

For the Amiga to succeed, it would have to turn into the PC, which rather negates the whole point of its 'rebirth'.

There was a time and a place for the Amiga, and its long gone, along with the other machines of the era (Atari ST, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, FM Towns, PC Engine, Neo Geo, etc)

I use the Amiga because I still enjoy using it.

I don't enjoy using a PC.
Page generated in 0.05294 seconds with 9 queries