View Single Post
Old 16 October 2006, 16:14   #2
Thalion Webshrine
alexh's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Oxford
Posts: 12,047
It's called a _SCANDOUBLER_ they were invented years and years ago and you can buy them from all good Amiga stockists

As for being able to do it with 3 IC's, I wonder which ones they are or how much they cost? Probably cost more than a traditional Amiga scandoubler.

Remember you are going to have to buffer an entire field of data if you want to flicker fix as well as scandouble which is a fair few kbytes for the highest resolution AGA interlaced screen.

Most scandoublers dont work with the majority of LCD monitors. The vertical refresh of the scandoubled screen will be 50Hz (60Hz in NTSC) and the minimum vertical refresh supported of most LCD panels is 56Hz!

Last edited by alexh; 16 October 2006 at 16:22.
alexh is offline  
Page generated in 0.03985 seconds with 10 queries