Thread: Cloanto debate
View Single Post
Old 03 October 2006, 11:57   #127
Legerdemain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyria
The version of UAE they supply is obsolete and unsupported.
Just like someone already said... update the emulator yourself! They can, of course, not press new CD's to send out every time a new version of WinUAE is released. A rather ridicilous comment, I have to add.

Quote:
The Deathbed Vigil DVD supplied is not the extended, digitally-remastered one made by Dave Haynie for DVD release, it is instead one that was digitized from an old VHS tape: image/sound quality is very poor and the extras are missing.
So? They have never claimed it to be anything else, either. I would not be surprised if future version could come to include the Dave Haynie version (haven't seen it, so I don't know what I am missing out on). Have you asked Cloanto if this is a possibility?

Quote:
There is nothing anywhere to suggest that the commercial games included have been included legally, they are pirate versions. Hypocrites.
For you to go around CLAIMING that there are pirate versions of the games included... is a rather nasty thing to do. Give me one proof of that this would be the truth, and I would be surprised. Spreading such information like you just did could under certain circumnstances, at least here in Sweden, even be considered illegal (if untrue).

Quote:
The ROMs supplied are worse than those that are freely available: they don't work without stuffing around with keyfiles etc.
The ROM's? I am not sure that I understand what you are talking about here? Do you need to 'stuff around' keyfiles to make the different kickstarts to work?

Quote:
They haven't bothered including a 3.9 ROM, instead they force the warm rebooting of the emulator to apply the patches in RAM every time, making bootup times considerably longer than they need to be.
Just like someone already said... there is no official 3.9 ROM... there is ONLY 3.1 ROM's that have been patched either with the Amiga ROM Update supplied with the 2 different update packs (BoingBags) released for, say, OS3.9 or home made patches of the 3.1 ROM... what I am trying to say here is that it is probably not more complicated than their license not allowing them to make an own patch based on the official 3.1 ROM and send it along together with the AmigaForever package.

Quote:
No support for actually using the thing on anything other than Windows. Eg. like an Amiga. Obviously they don't care about the Amiga community.
AmigaForever is rather clearly not a product aimed directly at the Amiga community... rather people in general that wants to have a quick and easy way of running the Amiga on their PC's. What would be the point of using AmigaForever on an Amiga? Now, really? Other than possibly on an AmigaOne or Pegasos, which are the only Amiga related (or whatever) contenders that might actually have the POWER to emulate an Amiga500, for example... but how big a market do they offer?

Page generated in 0.09493 seconds with 9 queries