Thread: Cloanto debate
View Single Post
Old 02 October 2006, 16:27   #96
Zone Friend
Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
If I read VERY closely ...

I even agree with some points of the original poster.
But I will be very specific...

* The fuckin Kickstart and Workbench should by now be a free download. Those fatass execs who managed to buy the rights are making cash off Amiga Nostalgia fans with something they didn't contribute the slightest to develop.
No. I have no problems to pay for a licensed product like Kickstart/Workbench if there's a proper licensee. In this case, there is: Cloanto.

they try to sell their glorious overpriced package by seducing their customers to download Amiga games for free.
Yes, it's overpriced.

* Most of the Amiga Forever package comes from other people's hard work: Linux, UAE, Fellow, Demos (even by Pirate Group!!! Scoopex), Picasse96, etc, etc.
True ...

So basically they sell 'their' Kernel for 40 bucks on a CD where 98% of content is just picked up from other peoples work...
That is just why ...

I have been suggesting an Amiga Forever Lite for years!
ONLY (!) Kickstart and Workbench, and that's it!
And I am stating here publicly: I will be the first buyer!
I want to support legal Amiga emulation, but I am not going to pay for junk crammed on the CD which I have to pay extra money for!

For ... why pay for a lot of stuff that is usually OUTDATED when the new AF comes out and which you'd hardly use? Moreover, zillions of programs can be downloaded for free on Aminet.

Page generated in 0.05350 seconds with 9 queries