Thread: Cloanto debate
View Single Post
Old 02 October 2006, 16:03   #93
Originally Posted by Eny-
IMHO, if Commodore was still in business and putting out products I wouldn't find it wrong if they were still making money out of their 20 year old products, eg Amiga Roms. Just like Nintendo is doing with it's VC.
But do you find it wrong that those that have accuired the IP's, rights or simply licensed software (like Cloanto) or hardware for sale are doing just what they have paid to do... to sell a product?

I mean, Commodore may be no more... but was it wrong that the company that bought the rights to the Amiga continued to compile and sell the A1200 and the A4000? From what you are writing, I can come to no other conclusion! I don't see your logic... sorry! To me it sounds like you are saying that only the ones that originally developed this or that should be allowed to sell their very products, and if they go defunct and someone LEGALLY buys the right to continue their line of products or sell some software, those that bought the very rights to do this or that shouldn't be allowed to do that very thing.

What you are saying makes absolutely NO sense to me...?
Page generated in 0.04761 seconds with 9 queries