Thread: Cloanto debate
View Single Post
Old 02 October 2006, 12:25   #64

Originally Posted by Legerdemain
and, that I believe that they are selling a product worth paying for (since people apparently are paying for the product).
People are paying for the "product", because Cloanto eliminated all fair and free ways to get them by eliminating all Websites and Users providing them. It's called a monopoly - even if a "legal" one.

Cloanto is only providing things that were all free and available once. They made them ilegal, and enforced them being ilegal by legal harassment and bullying of Website, Users, and Fans.

These Kickstarts and Workbenches, were all payed by Amiga users back in the day. These things, for all other platforms are available for free. The 1.3 and 3.1 Amiga has been dead for over a decade. The only platform out there that's this old and still has jackals picking away at it's cadaver is the Amiga.

Unsurprisingly enough, it's become the smallest and quietest one compared to it's past sucess, its fans have to run around shitscared of what might happen to them lest they host or provide the wrong file or infringe the odd license from the last century. Fer christ sake, Amiga Inc. bullied websites into legal compliance for providing a movie file showing an hacked Kickstart Rom, nothing else!

I understand that Cloanto needs money. We all do, But my sugestion is that maybe they should get real jobs, like everyone else. Selling free software + abandonware + stuff that everyone already bought once in the 80\90's twice sure isn't beyond ethical reproach. Must be a great "Job" though. I wish i had it. Burn other people's Software on CD's and make free cash - I think there's another name for that 'profession' actually, but there you go.
Page generated in 0.05392 seconds with 9 queries