Thread: Cloanto debate
View Single Post
Old 02 October 2006, 10:18   #53
Originally Posted by BlaCkAdDa
Thank god for people like Toni and other die hards who continue to invest their time into software for emulation and those few who still develop some form of software on the Amiga platform. They are the ones who are truly still supporting the Amiga, and Cloanto has the nerve to claim they're the supporters and feeders of the scene, by flogging their purchased roms and everyone elses hardwork on a cd.

Does anyone know if some of those authors actually got some form of compensation from Cloanto for this? I know this is why a lot of people wont GPL their softare or create open source for fear some profit monger is going to come in and whack their hard work on some sort of compilation they flog purely for their own profit.
Are Cloanto legally entitled to 'flog' what they are 'flogging'? Have someone that has 'material' on their DVD's objectet against the material being there? And, if so, what where the response from Cloanto? Or is it merely a matter of people objecting against the way that Cloanto works, as a company? The only reason why I am asking is... it seems rather important wether or not someone with material to be found on their package have objected... otherwise their, so called, 'flogging' of other peoples hard work, is anything but irrelevant (at least to me)...

Though, it is quite funny to see that some people seem to think that it is perfectly okay to reason like this (not saying YOU or YOU or YOU do, though, I have simply seen it at times): while those trying to make money out of someone else's hard work is perfect scum those that are spreading tens of thousands of roms for free are 'holy' preservers of the community and the software. Sorry, but that seems like nothing but egoistic logic, to me... because even if spreading tens of thousands of roms for free, while not making cash on someone elses hard work, the hard work is still not paid for.
Page generated in 0.09445 seconds with 9 queries