View Single Post
Old 01 September 2006, 11:08   #116
Originally Posted by Ultron
Is this thread about bad games?

Or about bad Players?

Because with all these people claiming Gods, Speedball 2, SWIV and Turrican "Suck", i'm left with the impression...

... do these games suck, or do YOU suck?

Because as Dastardly says, Gods has one of the most inventive level designs, secret passages, the Amiga's ever seen, one of the complainers complains about the "controls", yet, i never had a problem with them, nor any of the reviewers that gave them glowing scores, nor the hundreds or thousands of fans out there...

So, are you really simply telling us, that you suck at it? Because... there's a difference, between a game sucking, you you being a crap player - Being a crap gamer, doesn't automatically mean the game "sucks", it means you suck.

All footballs are round, if another guy can score, and you can't, it ain't the ball - It's you.

There's a difference.
i don't agree: while to say that a game is crap is totally arbitrary, it is also true that it doesn't exist a category called players in which you qualify if you don't suck at play. games are entertainment and the designers of the games put 2 differnt values in every game (among others that don't are so relevant in this context): 1) personal likeness 2) common language with the users.
the first comprehend all of the stuff you may or may not like because it's a preference of the designer: if you like it it's probable you'll buy the game. the second comprehend the stuff you may or may not PARTICULARY like but you are ENTITLED to understand and feel confortable with.
or else you start the game after having bought it, play a while, feel a crap for not being able to enjoy it and then toss it away swearing you will not buy one from the same producer ever.
what said about Gods and other games are valid points. it's not like to say they are utterly crap, but as for entertainment they appeal only to people that either by chance or by lot of application happens to get the handle of the gameplay, not to everyone, and i think that it could have been better at it.
Page generated in 0.05584 seconds with 9 queries