View Single Post
Old 30 August 2006, 17:57   #1

PC DOS Games box - for free!

I didn't put this in Market place as it's not Amiga hardware, so off-topic it is!

What we have here is a P233 MMX base unit, but possibly one of the best examples you'll find these days! I built it as a project years ago with the idea of putting together a DOS games box. Rest of the hardware:
  • Intel motherboard and chipset
  • Matrox Millenium II (considered the best card for DOS games)
  • Sound Blaster AWE32 ISA with 8MB onboard memory (very rare with the mem and more compatible than the later AWE64)
  • 64MB RAM (P1's can't cache anything over 64MB so adding more reduces performance)
  • 6GB Hard Disk
  • CDRW (plus a batch of 10 4x CDRWs I bought with the drive)
  • Install CDs with Win95b, Win98 drivers etc
  • Windows 98 and DOS support through a boot menu (I'm sure I setup several boot menu DOS configs that work with nearly all games)

The case and CPU cooler are brand new, there isn't a spot of dust anywhere in the case. Can throw in a keyboard and mouse as well, but these are a little used.

I really don't want to throw this PC away as it's too good! Wish I could keep it but room is an issue. I thought I'd offer it for free to EABers first, then give ebay a go, before finally seeing if I can find a charity that takes old PCs.

Be aware however that you'll need to pay for the postage, which will be a fair bit. Parcel Force is reasonable and will pick up from my gaff and deliver to anywhere in the UK.

So, anyone have a good home for this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DOSBOX.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	11960  

Last edited by Bloodwych; 30 August 2006 at 22:19.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05337 seconds with 10 queries