View Single Post
Old 28 August 2006, 12:47   #33
Zone Friend
Originally Posted by mr_a500
Exactly. My entire teen years were spent going over to friends houses to play the videogames they had. In fact every friendship I had was based on that. How else would you get to know someone or get invited to their house unless they said something like, "I just got an Atari 800XL. Do you want to come to my house to play Rescue on Fractalus?"

In the old days everybody would just go to the lucky rich kid's house to swim in his pool. Shooting aliens on distant planets became much more interesting than swimming. Now that computers are boring, I'd go for the pool every time.
EXACTLY !!!!.. ive been saying this to people for a long time now, and although online gaming is an advanced medium, they have TOTALLY lost what multiplayer really means.. it means INTERACTION and FRIENDSHIP!!!.. and not having someone on the other side of the world for whos face you cannot see and that you will never see!.

And yes, as someone already said, i used to love and now miss the " yeah go up, no down.. shoot that!!.. no go here, no go there!!... argghh you idiot !! what are you doing!!. arrgh.. ".. lol.. And of course sitting in front of adventure games trying to get through it together!.. there used to be 6 of us at times in one room trying to get through games on the Atari, C64, Amiga.. etc..

All the graphics, sound and technology will not fix why games were made in the first place, and that is to have fun not only with yourself but with friends. Gaming now is way too corporate.

Last edited by blade002; 28 August 2006 at 13:06.
Page generated in 0.06938 seconds with 9 queries