View Single Post
Old 24 August 2006, 09:02   #6
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Vampire
Keropi: I had a look, but they had nothing in stock right now

Amigaz: I kind of new about the high prices when I got the machine, but the stuff on ebay seems to be going for far more than it did 8 months ago. a MKII 040 is probably a good choice, as I can at least upgrade it to an 060 at a later date. The problem then becomes one of actually finding one.

alexh: The problem with broken ones is that people seem to be unwilling to part with them cheaply, presumably because they paid a lot for them when they worked. It does need to be very cheap too, since you have no idea how much it's going to cost to get amiga repair center to work on it until after you've bought it and sent it off. Might be worth popping over to Amibench though, as someone posted a want ad for a CSPPC/MkIII since his PPC died - he might be willing to sell it on.
I know what you mean, seems like there's a high-price-season on Ebay at the moment...best season is in the mid summer when people are on vacation but there's less stuff for sale then
About the '040, JJ at Amigacenter in FRance can always upgrade it later on to a full 68060 and maybe he has a 68060 with the latest mask which more heat tolerant so you can overclock it

Page generated in 0.04539 seconds with 10 queries