View Single Post
Old 23 August 2006, 21:47   #1
Secret Vampire

Sensible price for A4000 accelerators? and does anyone have one?

I need something better for my A4000, right now it's got a slightly overclocked A3640 (which seems to be upsetting some of the chipset timing, but I can't remember where I put the 50MHz oscillator to test). I really need something faster, with more RAM, and ideally SCSI and 060. I don't have any need or desire for PPC, which is fortunate, as I can't afford a CSPPC

So what are reasonable prices? I just saw a CS MKIII 060 go for £225 on eBay, which seems a bit on the high side given the price Blizzard PPCs sell for (in the sane normal world anyway, not bizarro eBay land) and there's a MKII 060 coming up in 7 days that I might bid on. Alternatively, I might be able to get a couple of 'untested' cyberstorms (MkI 060 and MkII 040) though I'm somewhat hesitant as it involves expensive shipping from the US, and expensive customs charges also no doubt, though I can probably make the money back selling to some other idiot^Whopeful repairer on ebay as broken cards, or maybe get Amiga repair centre to work some magic on them (though I suspect the costs would make it uneconomical for anything non-PPC).

Does anyone have one going for sale? I really do want to move up to an 060, but I'd take a decent 040 (like a cyberstorm with SCSI or warp engine) if the price was right.

Page generated in 0.07362 seconds with 10 queries