View Single Post
Old 04 July 2006, 13:17   #88
GLOOM: > complete let down and in no way equal to DOOM
Forgot to mention all the Doom-style games. As a genre these games are all very boring. Xybots was probably the only good game in this style that I can think of. On any platform.

Hmmm, are you talking about Impossible Mission 2025 I presume? Yeah, I always thought this one was rather naff, at least it has IM1 built-in though so it's not a total loss.

Re. Wonderboy (Super Wonderboy in Monsterland presumably?) and R-Type: I always thought these were considered among the better-converted coin-ops. Now that I have MAME+UAE I might compare them side-by-side...

Originally Posted by blade002
Do you honestly think most of these games are crap or are you just trying to be different?.
I wish they were good, but I'm afraid they're not...Come on, you're not really going to try to tell me you like that Vulcan crap are you? Even the reviewers admitted it was crap once the good games started coming through again...

I would be very curious what games you consider to be good ? . lol
Did you read the 'underrated games' thread? BTW those are not all the good games, they are the good+underrated games.

Zool was crap
Zool (& Superfrog) are actually probably the best games out of those I mentioned here.

As for Worms, didnt you ever try playing it with 2 players?
No, still waiting for Kaillera to be finished. But most games that allow simultaneous 2-player mode are better in that mode, it doesn't really prove anything to say this. So it might be alright in 2p mode but not in 1p mode, whereas a lot of other games (eg. Turbo, Firepower, Gauntlet 2, Stunt Car Racer etc.) are fun in either mode. The only game I would say is crap in 1p mode but great for 2p is Vectorball, this is because the controls are not very good, playing with 2p means this problem affects both players equally, restoring game balance.
Page generated in 0.05511 seconds with 9 queries