View Single Post
Old 10 June 2006, 18:03   #3
cappuchok

Thanks.

The 3 mode USB floppy would most likely be one of these. I have no idea what controller is being used in them so I don't know what custom formats they can handle. I do know they can format 800 KB Mac disks (using thirdparty tools, not Mac OS itself), but they can't read an 800 KB Mac disk that was formatted in a real Mac drive. How odd is that? It even seems that these 800 KB disks formatted in these drives are made to use a set track density instead of the normal variable track density that occurs on these disks, because when verifying the disk in a real Mac drive, the speed changes that are clearly audible on a normal 800 KB disk don't occur. Very strange.

As for Omniflop, my PC is legacy free which means it doesn't have a real FDC, only the USB one.

And my Amiga isn't networked and won't be, because it's a semi-working vanilla A1200, and I won't spend any money on it today. So the "real" Amiga isn't an option, really, as it would require significant and expensive modifications to make it interface to my PC in any useable way.

So reading via USB floppy under Windows or Linux, or via a Mac floppy drive under Mac OS 9 or Linux, are the only two options I have for restoring all my old Amiga disks (mostly AmigaDOS formats, but also some games with exotic track timings) for use with WinUAE.

Last edited by cappuchok; 10 June 2006 at 18:10.

Page generated in 0.04426 seconds with 11 queries