View Single Post
Old 10 June 2006, 13:08   #5
Ironclaw
Banned

*Sigh* Here are a list of some movies to start with: (with comments left in for easier finding)

Quote:
Brain Dead:
Amiga 1000
Quote:
Candyman:
Not confirmed.
Quote:
Prince of Darkness:
Amiga 1000
Quote:
Betrayed:
A rubbish film with Tom Berenger, called Betrayed has an Amiga in it.
No picture yet

Quote:
Red Dwarf:
1. red dwarf has a few in them! Holoship springs to mind.. when rimmer does the mind test thingy they are using what looks like amiga 2000's?
2. In the episode where Lister Deletes the Agatha Christie novels from hollys database hes doing it on an old C64!
3. in more or less all the Red Dwarf episodes I've seen, especially when they're in StarBug, the Amiga's are easy to spot. And whoever thought it was spotted in the Mindwarp-test of Rimmer's, was right, afait
No picture yet

Quote:
Neighbours:
1. I remeber one of the neighbours episodes, where they were trying to kill a virus but the screen showed a graphics ripper from an early hacker tools compilation disk
2. yeh neighbours had an a500 in it for ages! I think the same one was wheeled around the set for the scene's? the docters surgery springs to mind!
3. Watching Neighbours one dreary afternoon in 1989/90 after a late night coding session, only to see "Josh" attempting to kill Paul Robinson's virus using "Graphics Searcher" from a tools disk (you even got to see him selecting the program from a CLI menu in close up!)
Neighbours always credited Commdore Australia at the end of the program during this period.
No picture yet

Quote:
Rolf's Cartoon Club:
1. TV - Rolf's Cartoon Club (Rolf Harris)
2. Oh yeh rolf's cartoon club! they used summin called Take2? or maybe Hanna Barbera's Animation studio... i think thats was what it was called?
No picture yet

Quote:
The Kids CITV Show: (donno if that's the title)
I remember this kids CITV show used Amiga's.
No picture yet

Quote:
UkHorizons: (documentary on piracy)
i saw a documentry on Piracy (UkHorizons), a guy got busted, the police were removing hardware and CDs, and the camera shows an Amiga Monitor box for a few seconds
No picture yet

Quote:
The High Crusade: (amiga was credited)
The film 'The High Crusade' doesn't actually have an amiga in it but has a big credit for amiga in the end credits for special effects...
No picture yet

Quote:
babylon 5:
1. and of course the gfx used in babylon 5 and most disney films of the late 80's onwards...
2. Didn't Babylon 5 use amigas for graphics for the first few seasons too?
No picture yet

Quote:
Seaquest-DSV:
No picture yet

Quote:
Nick Arcade:
In the 90's, the US kids show "Nick Arcade" on Nickelodeon (back when it was a cool channel) not only used Amigas for the games and for visual effects, but was even sponsored by CBM who gave away A500 setups to contestants.
No picture yet

Quote:
Dark Justice:
Dark Justice, an old American TV series featured an Amiga 2000 in one of the episodes to display the files from criminals with digitized pictures.
No picture yet

Quote:
Star Trek Deep Space Nine:
Star Trek Deep Space Nine had many early episodes made with Amigas.
No picture yet

Quote:
Star Trek: The Next Generation:
Weren't Amigas used for the display panels in Star Trek: The Next Generation too?
No picture yet

Quote:
Get Fresh!:
Didn't the teams on "Get Fresh!" play Xenon on an A500?
No picture yet

Quote:
Motormouth:
I also remember Motormouth (Saturday morning kids show) featuring how to make music using an A2000 and midi keyboard.
No picture yet

Quote:
Stepfather III:
In the film Stepfather III, a nice and creepy little thriller, the boy (Andy) has an A500. It made me cringe watching the title character unhooking the peripherals while it was still running. Nice little B-thriller with the good sense to use Amigas for props! I think it's only available for US/NTSC, though.
No picture yet

Quote:
ALF:
1. I think ALF feautures has also some A500.
2. I think in the episode where ALF made the music video for Lynn had an Amiga (or was it a C64?).
No picture yet

Quote:
Gamesworld:
Gamesworld on Sky One used Heimdall (sp?) - the bit with the viking girl strapped to a spinning disc and you have to throw axes at her to cut the braids of hair without killing the poor girl in the process.
No picture yet

Quote:
Inspector Morse:
In an episode of Inspector Morse there was a scene where a computer was infected with a virus. It showed an Amiga 500 which ran a multimedia application with some silly animation...
No picture yet

Quote:
48 Hours or Another 48 Hours)
Correct me if Im wrong as it's a long time since Ive seen this movie, but once when I saw a movie with Eddie Murphy and Nick Nolte (48 Hours? or Another 48 Hours?), Nolte is looking up something on a computer screen at the police station and I seem to remember thinking it was an A500
No picture yet

Quote:
BBC soap East Enders
BBC soap East Enders had an A500 sitting in the background in one of the characters flats for a while in the late 80's. He was an artist or graphic designer as I recall, but I'm not sure if you ever saw the machine doing anything.
No picture yet

Quote:
The Gods Must Be Crazy: (I or II)
The Gods Must Be Crazy (not sure if it was I or II) shows an Amiga (an A1000 or 2000 from memory).
No picture yet

Quote:
Dr Who:
Amigas were also used in Doctor Who. (for effects or were amigas shown?)
No picture yet

Quote:
Canon:
Canon (Australia) also used the Amiga in a series of adverts for some of their printers (I think it was an A1200 from memory.)
No picture yet

Quote:
Gamemasters:
I remember Gamesmaster and a granada games show also showing off amiga, forgot what it was called now.
No picture yet

Page generated in 0.08500 seconds with 9 queries