View Single Post
Old 18 May 2006, 02:28   #10
z00mba

Quote:
Three problems:

1: most are designed for small 8-bit console resolutions (maybe 512x256 or so max) and they will be really slow with Amiga resolutions.
2: miss "pitch"/"stride" support (hq2x for example) UAE's filter code requires it.
3: some have incompatible license
That's the one I had in mind:
http://scale2x.sourceforge.net/

Now I'm not technical enough to know if it could fit into WinUAE. As when speed is involved, I don't know but for instance the actual DirectX filter is unusable on my system because it's too slow so I just don't use it. So maybe for users for wich it will be too slow they just have to not use it (yeah I'm cruel I know)

License: I didn't even think about it... oups

Quote:
Unfortunately this results in scaling artifacts. Basically possible but i'd left it for user to do the scaling because automatic scaling may not be the best for everyone. Maybe build-in "NTSC" filter-preset is good enough solution.
I hear you.

Quote:
Windows basic controls don't really support scaling easily and I really hate GUI programming. (and no, I am not going to rewrite it with any nice GUI toolkit either)
OK =)

Quote:
Why? Windows border leds can be used for drag&dropping disk images, open the GUI etc..
I didn't know. Anyway that was just a really small detail not really important.

Quote:
Use Quickstart or some frontend.
Quickstart: Yes that was a good start
Frontend: Installing and managing two apps instead, in my mind, isn't really making things easier. And what will happend when the frontend will not support a special game? Or when a new version of WinUAE will be released wich is not compatible with this frontend? etc...

I think andreas stated well what I think about how it should/could be.

NB: Personnaly I don't need such feature, nor to use a front-end.

Page generated in 0.04822 seconds with 11 queries