View Single Post
Old 17 May 2006, 12:41   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Idea 1:
DirectDraw "feature". Screen is still there (it is only hidden) and all actions that causes WinUAE to get focus will result in fullscreen window re-appearing. Fixing this needs completely different way of handling ALT-TAB. Maybe I'll rewrite it for Vista if it really has much better API (of course it will stay compatible with older Windows versions)

Quote:
Idea 2:
Audio compression: if someone does it. (without requiring and huge static libraries etc stupid) I am not really interested in that.

Quote:
Easier / more intuitive controller configuration... pretty please! It's actually a real pain to edit the controller settings
Will happen someday. It isn't so easy as you think, WinUAE allows mapping <Amiga-side anything> to <PC-side anything>, not just simple map <PC-side something> to <Amiga-side joysticks> like with console emulators.

Quote:
Some new enhanced pixels / filter : I have seen some very nice pixel filter on other emulator, sorry don't have the names in mind at the moment. I'll post them later.
Three problems:

1: most are designed for small 8-bit console resolutions (maybe 512x256 or so max) and they will be really slow with Amiga resolutions.
2: miss "pitch"/"stride" support (hq2x for example) UAE's filter code requires it.
3: some have incompatible license

Quote:
NTSC fix: Automaticaly strecth the NTSC screen height to ~106.7 % (and vice-versa)... just like on my Amiga =)
Unfortunately this results in scaling artifacts. Basically possible but i'd left it for user to do the scaling because automatic scaling may not be the best for everyone. Maybe build-in "NTSC" filter-preset is good enough solution.

Quote:
Scalable configuration windows.
Windows basic controls don't really support scaling easily and I really hate GUI programming. (and no, I am not going to rewrite it with any nice GUI toolkit either)

Quote:
Hide LEDs from the window border when "show LEDs" is enabled.
Why? Windows border leds can be used for drag&dropping disk images, open the GUI etc..

Quote:
Because at that time I don't see how someone who is not VERY familar with the Amiga AND WinUAE can really use it. There is too much options and some of them are really too obscurs.
Use Quickstart or some frontend.

Page generated in 0.04944 seconds with 11 queries