View Single Post
Old 09 May 2006, 12:50   #217
Global Moderator

Originally Posted by sarek2k
Anyway as per your request i tested snes9x again and this time it works a lot better, it now seems to run an awfull lot better the sound is bad at the start because it's set that way to start with via the options 8bit quality blah blah! (could you not have ramped that up a bit to at least 16bit mono 44khz or summat and increased the buffer size of 8 ms cause even a shit pc these days will cope better than that even a celery )
Very interesting... Obviously I cannot check it as I'm currently at work but I'm pretty positive that I set the audio to 16bit stereo 44khz and incorporated this into the "best" options. Don't think I changed the sound buffer as there was no need to, it works perfectly on both my "low" end laptops and 3 others PCs of various spec that I've tried on...

I tried my fave pilotwings and i set some graphics options as i had a tiny window to play game i have not figured what all the options do but it is running smooth compared to what it was on the P4, i don't know whether it's an Amd optimized version you've included in the package or what but on the p4 it's an awfull experience! just for the record for any one comparing i had a p4 "prescott" Lga 775 processor running at 2.8ghz with retail fan i now have an Athlon 64, 939 running at i do believe 2.2ghz on other games like cnc zero hour i have noticed little if any difference!
A tiny window to play game... This is Zsnes and you must be running it directly from the DVD. Because of this only the default "straight out of the box" settings are applied as obviously you cannot have the user choose and then update the 2 config files on the DVD.

With both emulators there is only 1 type of Windows version, nothing for different CPUs etc...

Going back to the sound issues at the start if the sound is choppy crap 8 bit quality etc by default your market you aimed at (the point and click people) are gonna be very dissapointed and think the emultor isn't gonna work right even if they have an amd 4000 or a pentium 3.6ghz dual core etc!
Again I'm pretty positive that I set the audio to 16bit stereo 44khz and incorporated this into the "best" options. Will take a look when I get home tonight...

People who want to run an emulator from a DVD and do nothing at all to the settings don't deserve to run it! Even if we could figure a way to sort it, would be 200 copies on ebay straight away so is it such a good thing??? put it this way we all have to learn to run emu's, sort out controller configs etc, Is no easy way however you cut it
I disagree with you there. I actually run Snes9x straight from the DVD and everything works perfectly. I'm sure there will be other users who would like to do the same either because they have space issues or a work PC or whatever...

The whole point of this DVD is to make things as easy as possible for users who have no emulator experience. It completely up to that user whether or not they copy it to the HDD or run it straight from the DVD.

With Snes9x you can run everything from the DVD and still setup all the "best" options + controllers due to it being registry based. It's only with Zsnes that you cannot do this due to the configuration being file based...

Does anybody else have these issues sarek2k seems to be experiencing???
Page generated in 0.06218 seconds with 9 queries