View Single Post
Old 03 May 2006, 16:52   #1
spirited

Question Any ideas to help me read these disks?

Hi!

Couple of days ago I started transfering files/disks from my Amiga 1200 to my PC. Everything has gone fine except for a couple of floppy disks, and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

The thing is that for some years ago, I gathered a lot of personal files from my Amiga to a bunch of floppy disks. I then put these disks in a separate box and labeled them 1, 2, 3... and so on. When I did this, I either used some special backup software or a special filesystem other than the standard Amiga filesystems. Now I can't remember how I made those disks and therefore I can't read them on my Amiga.

Here is what happens when I insert the first Floppy disk when I am in Workbench. When the disk is inserted, a floppy disk icon pops up saying "DF0:AB01". When i insert floppy disk nr.2 I get "DF0:AB02", nr.3 "DF0:AB03"... and so on. That's all I get and I can't get the Amiga to read the information on the disks.

Does anyone have any ideas how I might have made these disks?
(I would also like to point out that these disks are not in PC-format, just in case someone would suggest that)

Thanks!

AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.04873 seconds with 9 queries