View Single Post
Old 28 April 2006, 13:38   #197
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
About one thing, what does the Xbox/PS2 controller setup actually do? I tried using the Xbox option any of those, but I had to configure the emulator for my Xbox 360 controller. Does it only work for the original Xbox controller and PS2 controllers?
Hey StarEye,

The Xbox / PS2 controller setups map the buttons for you exactly as if it was a SNES controller i.e.

XBOX
... SNES Y = XBOX X
... SNES X = XBOX Y
... SNES B = XBOX A
... SNES A = XBOX B
... SNES Start = XBOX Start
... SNES Select = XBOX Select
... SNES L = XBOX Left Trigger
... SNES R = XBOX Right Trigger

PS / PS2
... SNES Y = PS / PS2 Square
... SNES X = PS / PS2 Triangle
... SNES B = PS / PS2 X
... SNES A = PS / PS2 O
... SNES Start = PS / PS2 Start
... SNES Select = PS / PS2 Select
... SNES L = PS / PS2 L2
... SNES R = PS / PS2 R2

As you know I originally did this DVD over a year ago. At the time there was no Xbox360... I could add this in also but don't have an Xbox360 controller handy. I take it that it's a totally different button configuration to the standard Xbox controller then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
I'm thinking of getting a real SNES controller and an adapter for the perfect experience. No matter how good the controllers are, I always get the wrong feel as long as I don't use the real controllers.
Hmmm, yeah true. There's nothing like having the exact controller

... but saying this, I think the Xbox controller is a wicked option. Basically all buttons are mapped to exactly what they are if it was a SNES controller but you also have the "extra" option of using the small joystick for movement

Page generated in 0.15063 seconds with 9 queries