View Single Post
Old 21 April 2006, 16:14   #170
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek2k
i have downloaded modified1 and 2 updated them is there a modified3????
i now have a snes dir on my c:\ drive and the settings are screwed back to what they were originally i've copy the setup.exe from the modified 1 and 2 plus the other reg files from the 2 zips and tried to re-run the setup of course it won't work because it's comming up with a sharing violation cause i am running the file i am trying to copy!!!
Sharing violation... Never had this before and I've run setup.exe straight after copying everything to the C: or D: drive. Just end / restart the task explorer.exe or reboot Windows...

No modified 3, 4 or 5. I can add 3 and 4, what does everybody think? Guess it would be good for 4 player games like NBA Jam...

As Snes9x is registry based, to find out what buttons I've mapped to SNES L + R all you should need to do it is:

... Insert the DVD into your DVD drive.
... Run SETUP.EXE from \SNES on the DVD.
... Select that you want to use the DVD drive from "File Location + Desktop Shortcut - Setup" menu.
... Select PS2 Controllers from the "Controller - Setup" menu.
... Select Exit, as all desired settings have been applied.

Quote:
if i Re-Burn the dvd that will fix it won't it?
No need, the above should work. Plus if all goes to plan I should have the new multi-emulator DVD all ready / tested by Monday at the latest

Quote:
Got myself in a right old mixup here i've took screenshots of both but they mean nothing to me as snes9x is now broken so i can't tell whats what!
You sure have

Quote:
when i originally ran your setup.exe i could at least get your settings but now i can't
Interesting. If you say you've copied everything to the root of C: drive then:

... Just delete the C:\SNES directory.
... Copy everything across again.
... Run setup.exe and select Exit, removing all applied settings.
... Run setup.exe again but this time select the options you desire.

Quote:
also you say you've mapped SNES L&R as psx L&R 2+2???? wouldnt it make more sense to have them as psx L&R 1+1 (As tho they are the shoulder buttons on the snes pad? ie the TOP layer) or have u selected em as 2+2 for comfort???
Comfort... The original reason why I did this is that as you know there are two buttons on the "shoulder" of a PS / PS2 controller. L1 / R1 is a bit smaller than R2 / R2 so I thought this is a better option (more like to press this and not slip)

Last edited by DamienD; 21 April 2006 at 16:26.

Page generated in 0.06645 seconds with 9 queries