View Single Post
Old 18 April 2006, 14:46   #108
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
Hmm, changed the drive letter but still nothing. What's even stranger is that I found out I could just right click and explore instead of double clicking on the drive icon.

Anyhow, because of that I could install it all from the DVD with your "installer" and everything works perfect. If there only were discs as good as yours for other systems too (like Megadrive/Master System or the NES).
Hey StarEye,

Thank you for the kind words

Very strange this issue with your DVD player. Not to worry, soon enough I will be releasing the "new" SNES DVD with the option to select your desired emulator. Taking a bit longer than anticipated to get everything working correctly though... In principal it sounds pretty easy but there are many thinks I've needed to think about / change...

Here's a brief description of what I've needed to update and where I'm at presently:

... Create the directory \SNES\EMULATOR\SNES9X and extract emulator to this. [Done]

... Create the directory \SNES\EMULATOR\ZSNES and extract emulator to this. [Done]

... Create the directory \SNES\FRONT END\LUS_SNES9X and copy the existing stuff from \SNES\FRONT END to this. [Done]

... Create the directory \SNES\FRONT END\LUS_ZSNES, copy the existing stuff from \SNES\FRONT END to this, then update the .ini files to point to Zsnes instead. [Done]

... Now delete all files (not directories) from \SNES\EMULATOR to get rid of old setup. [Done]

... Now delete all files (not directories) from \SNES\FRONTEND to get rid of old setup. [Done]

... Modify the 25 old \Desktop shortcuts + 25 .cmd files for Snes9x that they point to \FRONT END\LUS_SNES9X\LusSpace.exe instead of \FRONT END\LusSpace.exe. [Done]

... Create 25 new \Desktop shortcuts + 25 .cmd files for Zsnes that point to \FRONT END\LUS_ZSNES. [Done]

... Configure all the 12 different sets of zsnesw.cfg and zguicfgw.dat for each configuration. [All done except for the 3 x PS2 configs]

... Create 2 directories for each emulator under \SNES\SAVE and have them get created through the batch files.

... Add in new menus for each emulator and think about how the options will run. [70% done. This is the difficult one... Won't go into great details but the copying of the required stuff for Zsnes after the user selects both Emulator Settings + Controllers is a lot harder than running .reg files. Put it this way, my old SETUP.CMD file was 11Kb, the new one isn't totally finished yet and is already 24Kb]

... Test everything. [As much as poosible so far]

Last edited by DamienD; 18 April 2006 at 15:01.

Page generated in 0.05369 seconds with 9 queries