View Single Post
Old 17 April 2006, 00:50   #25
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Like many on here, I pirated Amiga games without hesitation.
Recently I pulled my collection of 400 discs out of the loft. When I went through them I amazed myself that I had played so few through to completion.

I had very little feeling of attachment to any of them except the originals, all of which I remember saving for and buying with my Father.

With hindsight the fervent collecting and hoarding of hundreds of pirated games didnt allow me to enjoy the games at all. If anything it devalued the work that went into them.

Had I bought all of those games, would I have given each one more time? Would I have enjoyed them and appreciated them for the programmers skills? - Almost certainly

Did the Amiga suffer due to piracy? I dont think so. Amigas were sold because people had or could get software to use on them. Software was pirated on all platforms. Those platforms evolved into new consoles and PCs. The companies behind them, unlike Commodore, had strong forward looking leaders and clear development programmes. Sadly Commodore grew fat on the Amiga 500, they foolishly neglected their only fruit until it was too late for the compromised A1200 to rescue them...

Just my tuppence worth...
Page generated in 0.05478 seconds with 9 queries