View Single Post
Old 13 April 2006, 10:19   #10
EAB Mortal Kombat maniac
I too had about 10 original games and over a hundred cracked ones. Back then I didn't feel guilty about it at all. Games were very expensive, and also there were never too many original games on the shelves when I was a kid, even when the Amiga was booming. So I used to copy games off my friend - save money, and get access to heaps more games too.

Times have changed alittle bit. When people say that "piracy killed the Amiga," I feel abit guilty. As for modern PC software, I find it way too expensive. Let me illustrate:

New release book: $30 (Australian dollars)
New release CD: $25 - $30
New release DVD: $30
New release PC game: $100 or more

What the hell! I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a game, especially when you can complete many of them very quickly these days, and also because 95% of modern games are complete crap. I even refuse to pay that much for an iD Software release, and I am an iD junkie.

However, if I do really, really, really like a game which I have burnt, I wait until the price has come down abit (to say around $30 - can take a few years or a few months), then I buy it. I do feel abit guilty burning software, becase I am a creative person, and I know how hard those guys who make games must work. So I don't want to freeload entirely.

But, I feel antivirus software and antispyware software should be free. All of it. It shits me that people are making money from people's net and PC insecurities and fears.
Page generated in 0.05289 seconds with 9 queries