View Single Post
Old 12 April 2006, 14:53   #1
Zone Friend
Piracy/Cracked Games

Hi everyone!

I just wondered what people's opinion of Amiga piracy is now when looking back to the 1990's.

I was about 7 years old when we got our first amiga (Amiga 500 Cartoon Classics pack) and to start with we only had original games.

But it didn't take long for us to find copied games available, and so free games or very cheap ones from Car boot sales or markets became the norm. We did buy a few original games here and there, but most of our amiga collctions right through from the A500 games until we stopped using our Amiga A1200 whe we got a pc and Nintendo 64.

At the time, buying copied games did not bother me, it was the norm.

But looking back on things now, I sort of have a different opinion.

Here is an example, in the mid to late 1990's we did actually buy 3 official games from Vulcan Software, but the rest I had were cracked copies.

Now in 2006 I am friends with Paul Carrington, the creator of Vulcan Software, in many ways, if you look at it the sensible way, the pirate copies of Vulcan games I had were literally stolen from Vulcan, I wouldn't steal from my friend Paul now, so why was it 'okay' to do so then?

I've sinced purchased many of Vulcan's PC software and I hope to have made up for the error of purchasing unoriginal copies of their software.

I'm interested to know what you all think...

Were you a user of cracked amiga software who now regrets it?

Were you a user of cracked amiga software who does not regret it?

Were you an Amiga Cracker, do you regret your illegal activites?

Were you an Amiga Cracker, do you still think it was okay to crack amiga software?

Does anyone here aquire cracked PC (or console) software?

Are there any PC crackers here, why do you crack? What is your argument for illegal piracy?

In my opinion, piracy was wrong then and is wrong now, although most of the software on my pc is legal, a couple of things are not, but I hope for this to change soon and become piracy free.

I believe Freeware with donation is the best poilcy for future software, and I like the idea of ingame advertising to make games Free for the consumer.

All views welcome, no judgments!
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05215 seconds with 9 queries