View Single Post
Old 05 March 2006, 03:19   #107
aka ThunderPeel2001
You don't need to look at a much smaller version of the screen! If you fiddle around for long enough you can find a happy balance. WinUAE has vastly improved recently and it's great for people like me who have long since said goodbye to their Amiga.

There was certainly something wrong in the industry back then when it came to who got credit and who didnt!. Take a look at the game "Zool". It was the biggest pile of steaming shit ever, but it was given great reviews, it was called techincally stunning????.. and that it was the Amiga's answer to Sonic!?.. give me a #@$@$ break!.
YES! I'm SO glad someone said this! Zool was a total peice of shit!! So was Body Blows ("the Amiga's answer to Street Fighter II", please!). There seemed to be so many "Sonic beaters" that magazines assured us would save the Amiga, but they weren't anywhere near as much FUN as Sonic or Mario. I don't know why developers found it so hard! As soon as they tried to copy the consoles they started producing mediocre crap!

I used to wonder if it was just ME not being able to appreciate these "amazing" games that the mags gave rave reviews to! Even Amiga Power ("disseminator of truth") seemed guilty of it at times (I'm sure they raved about Zool as well).

Sorry, had to get that off my chest
Page generated in 0.05227 seconds with 9 queries