View Single Post
Old 01 March 2006, 13:14   #40
hmm.. will have to have a think on that one... what pixel resolution/dpi were you scanning your magazines in at? I've had a major clean of my room and I can now get in here a lot easier and there's still more stuff to go/sell. I might look at scanning the mags myself (I've got to get back in scan mode, hey Galaxy?! ) and I can upload the PNGs or JPGs to you to PDF (if you want, or if you tell me the dimensions etc. I can PDF them myself as well).

ACARs are fine to scan, nice and easy. Probably the main reason there aren't a lot (almost none) of Amiga magazines scanned are that they are all hard spines - so when you fold back pages to scan them it weakens the spine/wrecks the mag. Whereas all the early Spectrum/C64 magazines are all folded with staples - extremely easy to scan and almost no danger of wrecking the mag. Even though I'd love to digitally archive my Amiga Formats, CU Amigas, The One, ZERO, The Games Machine, COMPUTE! etc. - I really don't want to wreck them (though digitally archiving them makes more sense for the long term). Maybe I'll archive them when they're so old the glue gives way and pages fall out.

Oh, also I know a guy who has the COMPLETE ACAR collection - I know he scans a lot of stuff, I'll see if he's scanned any ACARs and if he'll share. No way in hell he'd loan them out though, I'm sure of that.
Page generated in 0.06483 seconds with 9 queries