View Single Post
Old 25 December 2005, 13:04   #20
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twanger
@Jope:
Thank´s for your help so far but why don´t you just tell us what you know that could help us?
Seriously, read my postings, they've got the information in them.

Also they have pointers to information (the Hardware book from the RKM set) if you really want to understand what is happening when Zorro devices autoconfigure themselves.

I don't really know how much clearer I can explain this:

- in Zorro(tm) Autoconfig(tm) the first device's config out signal goes to the next device's config in
- your DMAC chip is on the autoconfig chain, so it's config in must come from somewhere, because the autoconfig mechanism needs to be started somehow
- your new device gets it's config in from the DMAC's config out
- the DMAC's config out must be disconnected from it's present destination and be rerouted to your new device's config in
- your new device's config out must go to where-ever the DMAC's config out used to go

That's about what I have to offer on this..

After all, you have the schematics, you are the one who's doing the job.

I would have to read the schematics myself to tell you exactly what goes where, which I find rather pointless since you already have the information and you are the person who actually needs to know all this in order to do the hardware modification you're planning on. (I have never even owned a CDTV)

Thus you are the best person to read the schematics to learn what goes where, and then work with what you learn from there, and with the info I've rambled on about in this thread.

Please feel free to ask questions, but I'm afraid I can't provide you with a full solution to this unless I were to do it myself first and then tell you all the steps.. I can give you info on how the Amiga hardware itself works, you can then apply that information to the machine you have in your hands.

Page generated in 0.04664 seconds with 11 queries