View Single Post
Old 19 December 2005, 16:43   #34
spoonwzd

I was just doing some googling and found this thread....

I am Echo/LSD who wrote the music for JOE's.

The demo's effects were mainly code - only a few animation sequences were chucked in here and there coded by Shagratt (Dave Depaul) at the time.

I remember the music being great fun to write at the time, and all the visual effects were scripte by me into the Proracker modules using an unused effect variable. I was basically given a list of effects and went through each module and placed the commands where I wanted.

Unfortunately the effects on screen weren't quite the same as the ones I had in my head, so visually the demo didn't turn out quite as I'd hoped. Further time contraints (it had to be released at a demo party a day or so later) meant that I didn't have time to go back and polish it as much as I'd like - and testing a demo that's nearly 30 minutes long was not an enviable task to say the least!

Just thought I'd mention that you can get to the end sequence at any point during the demo by pressing some mouse button combination - both buttons at the same time I think.

Finally a note for the non-believers - today the appeal of this demo is very much nostalgia, but at the time it was very popular. I'm not entirely sure why, but I'd very much like to think it was the music and not the visuals that made this possible.

All of my mods and later mp3's to date are available on my website - http://www.spoonwizard.com/

There's even some DivX versions of other popular demos of the time.

Enjoy

Spoony
aka Echo/LSD

Page generated in 0.04907 seconds with 9 queries