View Single Post
Old 03 December 2005, 15:53   #47
glwxxx
 
Posts: n/a
Sound problem fixed

@woody57

It seems I found the reason of the bad replaying of songs. The fix is easy, fortunatelly. It's enough to decrease the mixing frequency from 44100Hz to 27500Hz.

Start EaglePlayer and select AmplifierManager from right-click menu. Then select 8bit Amplifier and popup its GUI by pressing Show button. Enable the Global option from right-click menu of this amplifier and then decrease the sample mixing frequency from 44100 to about 27500 Hz. (If the global option is enabled, the frequency is changed for all the channels). Do the same for 14bit Amplifier. Do not forget to save the settings of both amplifiers.

These amplifiers are used to mix the sound across the channels in order to get some sourround. However I've just found out that you can get a better sound quality (IMHO) by using classic 4ch output in EaglePlayer (without any mixing) while the crosschannel mixing could be done by WinUAE itself (by Sound -> Stereo Separation option). To test it, move the "4ch FastRAM Amplifier" to the top of the amplifier list in AmplifierManager, so every song is played by this amplifier then. Save the settings of EaglePlayer.

With regards to HippoPlayer (or any other Paula replayers), decrease every 44100 value found in its config to 27500 (except AHI ofcourse).

I apologize for the problems, I did not realized 44100Hz is too much for WinUAE.

However with regards to Frogger, I am not sure why it's slowdowned. The sound problem cannot be of the same kind as in EaglePlayer just because Frogger uses AHI for replaying the sound. Try to play with Frogger tooltypes or AHI Prefs.
 
 
Page generated in 0.08556 seconds with 9 queries