View Single Post
Old 22 November 2005, 10:09   #26
AGF [PC] Games Developer
Send a message via MSN to DaphydTheBard
Originally Posted by demoniac
Just grabbed the files. Need to work on this later, probably next week as it's the holidays here. Thanks for the code!
No problem.

Let me know how you get on or if you need any help with any of it.

I've decided that rather than posting individual instructions for each class, I'm going to put a manual together in Word format which I'll post here when it's done.

In the meantime, as anyone can download the engine now, if anyone has any specific questions on it's use or how a particular function works, just ask and I'll be glad to help.

I'll check back a couple of times a day so I will answer any questions eventually.

By the way:

My first "serious" project with my engine, ie. one I intend to complete fully is going to be a sequal to Xenon 2.

I've called it Xenon III: Gygablast, for lack of a better name.

I'm going to try and capture the feel of the original, but add some new weapons in addition to the existing ones, maybe update a few (I never liked the standard weapon, the bullets looked lame IMHO) and I'm going to include a level editor, and random level generator that creates maps from segments (which can be created by the user).

I'm also going to include a "proper" 2 player mode where both players can be on-screen at the same time.

I've got all the sprites and sound effects I need, so I'm going to sink my teeth into this project now as time permits. I'll start a new thread in a couple of days called XenonIII:Gygablast or somesuch and post screenshots and updates as the project comes together.

I've spent all this time putting my little retro-engine together, it's time I used it!

Once the game is complete, I'll package it with an installer and upload it to the zone for all to see.
Page generated in 0.08113 seconds with 9 queries