View Single Post
Old 25 September 2005, 14:43   #1
New Amiga website on the way. PLEASE read!

Ok, most of you have heard of "speed runs" or "time attack" movies. There are several sites out there with nes, snes, psx, msx etc recorded "speed run/time attack" movies, but NONE of them has any of Amiga games. My site will only have Amiga recordings.

For those of you who don't know what this is, it's like a competition. People tries to complete a chosen game as fast as they can while recording it. That's what my new site is all about. People will create these kind of movies and submit them.

Now, there reason why I made this post is because I need some help with the way to go and the rules of recording a movie. What I mean is that when recording a nes movie, the rules are always the same; you may only record with a certain program and the recording shall start when the nintendo is powered on. For Amiga games this will be different because the Amiga has loading times between levels, different settings in WinUAE will result in different loading times etc thus making it hard to judge the time on how fast a game was completed.

So, I thought how about just play/record Amiga games that has a time counter in it. That way it doesn't matter how fast the game/loading times is emulated as you can see the time in the game. But this would then be very limited as, well... there are alot of great games with no time counter in them.

SO... any suggestions on how to do this? rules, the way to go etc?

Last edited by Ironclaw; 25 September 2005 at 15:07.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.04982 seconds with 9 queries