View Single Post
Old 10 August 2005, 07:27   #19
Oh noes!
Red face

Ok, I'll bite
Originally Posted by Codetapper
Big deal. The Amiga version of Rainbow Islands plays better than the arcade, end of story.

I suppose you also think Speedball 2 is shit because it's only displaying 25 frames per second? F/A-18 Interceptor runs at about 5 frames per second - that must be utter crap too then according to you?
I wouldn't call them crap, just that they do not play better then the version running smoother. Now if I've missed something such as the fact that removing minor things from the game and lowering both res and framerate is "plays better" then by all means, yes I'm wrong on all the games

Rodland "works great" because it is a simple 16 colour game and the screen is only 256 x 256 pixels (from memory). The score panel on the right are simply sprites overlaid. Keeping a small static screen with only 16 colours running at 50Hz is easy.

Pang "works great" because Pierre Adane and the graphics artist did a brilliant job - simple. You wouldn't appreciate the hardware tricks used to display the game (palette changes down the screen to create 3 settings for each picture, keeping the background graphics in the first 4 bitplanes and all moving objects use all 5 bitplanes).
Not before you said anything,no, more that they played and looked more like the arcade versions then other games in this thread.

Such as? Don't forget Ocean have done many fine arcade conversions aswell - Midnight Resistance, New Zealand Story, Operation Thunderbolt, Pang, Puzznic...
Ok, fair enough I'm missing the point when I'm dragging in good/bad instead of better, Ocean was a publisher and had both good and bad games. Quick hol check for Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Strider, I was probably thinking of US gold. Same argument can be said about them however.
If you've never played them to compare, why even mention it?
I've played both, I'm not just shure wich one I like best at the time, the PCB was a bootleg.
Page generated in 0.05378 seconds with 9 queries