View Single Post
Old 25 July 2005, 14:16   #19
Peanutuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper
Nobody held a gun to your head and forced you to buy the magazine. Just like nobody could stop you going into a store and reading that article then walking out without buying it. (Assuming of course you can wait a few months then find the magazine in the shops).

You chose to start this topic with nothing but "bait" about Robocod. You could have said that the article was really about 2 pages expanded to fill 4, with huge amounts of whitespace and barely mentioning any technical details about the game. I thought for a "making of" article it was poor.

And just because it's printed on high quality paper doesn't mean it ain't a rag. I would rather have decent content on a fish'n'chips-style bound black and white Zzap from 1985 than a "fancy" mag full of articles like that Robocod one...

As for RCK being worried about hosting the file on EAB, there is no reason the file couldn't be hosted on any old website. There's nothing wrong with hosting a LINK to a file after all. I'd happily upload those scans for anyone else that missed it and wants to read the article...
The post was a news item to alert users that the article existed without which nobody would have the chance to read it. To insinuate that I posted it as 'bait' ,which I assume to mean that I was teasing those who couldn't read it, is perfectly dullard statement to make; the Edge Retro article was announced, scanned in and uploaded by myself, I stated quite clearly above that the article was "a bit crap". I’m hardly waving my precious copy of 'eDgE' in your face. You seem to be under the impression that I should not only buy the mag, but scan it in, send it to you and then read it for you!

I seem to remember that the exact same thing happened last time; seriously, it isn't my fault if you live in New Zealand.

I completely agree what you say about the link, however the term 'rag' is usually applied to tabloid-style papers that are full of crap. I couldn't care less what an article is printed upon but try and find any magazine on a news shelf that isn't printed on glossy mahogany. Today's publishing culture seems to insist on this glossy treatment as though every magazine was something to cherish. It clearly isn't.

Page generated in 0.05436 seconds with 9 queries