Thread: CD32-888&???
View Single Post
Old 30 May 2005, 11:01   #333
Originally Posted by Xenon
Figi, the CD-200 menu system is faster than CD32-444 and CD32-888. The only "problem" this compilation has is that some games require mouse or keyboard.
Did you ever play the CD on the real CD32, or did you use WinUAE?
Because the real thing spends more time looking for the next track on CD (music, video, picture, whatever) than waiting for input from the controller and thus is a nightmare when it comes to selecting a game. Worse, the time spend looking for the next track is "counted" and triggers the "screen saver"-like videos (where the menu disappears), so it happens quite often that the CD32 just found the damn tune it was looking for and immediately starts looking for the video or slideshow it wants to display next. Again ignoring controller input. :P

Since my CD32 doesn't have that kind of problems with other games - original or burned on the same media-type as the CD-200 - I figured it is because the CD-200 needs to reload a lot of data that is scattered around the disc, which takes some time for the rather slow mechanics of the drive. Sure a modern 48-something-x CDROM in a PC doesn't have those troubles, let alone an .iso on a harddisc, hence the question if anyone ever tried the disc in the real thing. :P

If someone has and is not experiencing the troubles I listed above, can you tell me which media type, burner and burn prefs you used to get it to work decently?
Page generated in 0.05208 seconds with 9 queries