View Single Post
Old 20 February 2005, 16:07   #18
AmigaEd
Zone Friend

Quote:

Hmm. Icons are horrid. The only PNG icons I've found that are decent are the "Classic OS3.5" set in Glow Revolution 2.
Isn't this somewhat a matter of oppinion and personal taste?

Although I personally like the Classic OS3.5 set better, I can also see where the AmigaSYS 2.0 set might appeal to others.

Having said that, these guys at AmigaSYS should be thanked, not put in stocks to have rotten fruit thrown at them. They obviously have worked hard to produce something useful to at least a portion of the Amiga community.

I am of the mindset that the idea behind packages such as AmigaSYS and AIAB were to give (new) users of WinUAE a pre-cannned, ready to use configuration that is more useful in today's computing world. I see it as an added nicety that these packages bring the Amiga look and feel more so into the 2000's instead of the 1980's. The fact that one can customize the look just makes these packages even more appealing to some.

So, when was the last time you saw an Icon set on MS OS look as cool as on an Amiga? I've always thought that Style is what separates the Amiga from the MS world. On Amiga, the system, the Icons, the graphics all have a special sense of style to them. On the MS systems, they all have that "we are lemmings", "My T-Shirt advertises for the same company as yours", "There is but one God and Bill is his name", "Our standard backdrops will slowly suck the life out of you" look to them.

Later,
AmigaEd

Page generated in 0.05023 seconds with 9 queries