View Single Post
Old 18 February 2005, 14:32   #25

I jumpered over the power switch inside the PSU (so it's always on) and removed the cable & switch hanging out of it, and have plugged the mains lead into an extention that has switches on each socket by the side of the desk. It's not ideal but didnt fancy having 240v in my hand every time I turn it on, and it's just a reach down to switch it on.

I just re-read your post and see you were asking what to do. I know what you mean about towers on ebay. Mines been like this for 7 or 8 years since I got the a2000 keyboard. Basically since then I was able to hack the 2000 KB port onto the mobo (you lose the reset function from games but that's all), get extention cables for the mouse, kb, monitor, and put the mig out of the way (in the pic it's on a shelf in the corner of the room). The PSU has blown up once (I presume it's from a small form factor PC) but fortunately managed to find another almost exactly teh same.

Coupled with the remote power on it makes it OK to leave the pile of kit just out of the way, while still being able to use it. I actually find it better in some way as if you smash the keyboard, you're not smashing the HD, accelerator, RAM etc

Last edited by tin; 18 February 2005 at 14:41.
Page generated in 0.08986 seconds with 9 queries