View Single Post
Old 07 January 2005, 19:54   #10
I wouldn't talk from an "official release". In my opinion an official or real release is if I can buy a game in stores. For me it's a nice gift for a small amount of readers, who aren't familiar with emulators. The Amiga Plus magazine is only available via subscription and the amount of sold copies is very small. Also the CD containing Liquid Kids must be ordered separately, so even less people will see the game than there are readers. It's a magazine for the last of a couple of freaks from a small community. The time where you could earn money with an Amiga magazine has long gone.

Two or three months ago there was the full version of Another World on their CD. I can remember that Eric Chahi didn't want to give permission to put his game onto the CD of a commercial magazine. After he heard how many issues are sold, he agreed immediately (and Amiga Plus is todays most popular Amiga print magazine as far as I know. So you can guess how many readers there are).

The article about Lost Games mentions EAB, aGTW, HOL and BTTR. Cody Jarrett and some Amiga programmers like Joe Karthauser (Cardiaxx) tell some interesting facts about lost games and superhero The Wolf has been interviewed.

Last edited by Bobic; 07 January 2005 at 21:42.
Page generated in 0.06043 seconds with 9 queries